August 7, 2011 – By Scott
The 2011 College Football Season is less than a month away and fans are getting geared up for arguably the best time of the year. The USA Today Preseason Top 25 coaches poll was released earlier this week and it wasn’t a total surprise the way it played out. A few of the Top 5 have some big tests early in the season that could have a great impact on their national championship hopes.
Bodog sportsbook has already fielded some great wagers for the upcoming college football season and their College Football Team Prop Bets feature wagering on the total number of wins by teams. For example, if the OVER/UNDER on wins is 10 then in order for the OVER to hit the team must have 11 wins. If the UNDER is to hit, then the team must only have 9 wins. If the team wagered on has 10 total wins then the bet is a push.
Below is a list of the Top 5 teams in the USA Today Preseason Top 25 Coaches Poll with their OVER/UNDER bets:
1. Oklahoma – OVER/UNDER 10 Wins…The Sooners are coming off a 12-2 record in 2010 and should be tough once again with many starters returning including quarterback Landry Jones. Some key matchups for the Sooners which could effect this wager include a Sept 17 visit to No. 5 FSU, Oct 8 visit to No. 24 Texas and Oklahoma will host No. 9 Texas A&M on Nov 5. The payout for OVER is -130 (wager $10 win $7.69) and the UNDER is at EVEN.
2. Alabama – OVER/UNDER 10 Wins…Alabama is coming off a dissappointing year in their eyes after finishing 10-3 in 2012. And just like Oklahoma, they return many key players and should be successful again this year. Playing in the SEC is tough in itself and the Crimson Tide face four key games in 2011 that could effect their win total: Sept 24 against No. 14 Arkansas, Oct 1 against No. 23 Florida, Nov 5 against No. 4 LSU and Nov 26 against their rival No. 19 Auburn. The payout for OVER is -160 and the UNDER is +130.
3. Oregon – OVER/UNDER 9 1/2 Wins…The Ducks are coming off a loss in the BCS National Championship game to Auburn and finished 2010 with a 12-1 record. They will be tough again this season but must face a few hurdles along the way. Key matchups for the Ducks include a Sept 3 matchup against No. 4 LSU, Nov 12 against No. 6 Stanford and Nov 19 against USC. The payout for OVER is -130 while the UNDER is at EVEN.
4. LSU – OVER/UNDER 9 1/2 Wins…The Tigers are in the same boat as Alabama in that they must endure a grueling season in the SEC. As noted before, they kick off their season against No. 3 Oregon on Sept 3. Other key matchups which take place in conference include an Oct 8 meeting against No. 23 Florida, Nov 5 against No. 2 Alabama and Nov 25 against No. 14 Arkansas. The payout for OVER is at +115 while the UNDER is at -145.
5. Florida State – OVER/UNDER 10 Wins…The Seminoles are the highest ranked team in this year’s preseason poll based on last years win/loss results. They finished 10-4 on the year and will have to replace quarterback Christian Ponder, but do so with E.J. Manuel who does have big game starting experience. Key matchups for the Noles include their early test against top-ranked Oklahoma on Sept 17, a showdown with in-state rival Miami and their season finale against No. 23 Florida. The payout for OVER is set at +135 while the UNDER is at -165.
All other teams and their wagers can also be found at Bodog sportsbook.